What is Openpay?
Openpay it’s a payment gateway that allows you, in an quick and easy way, take payments online or in your mobile app. Our service supports different business models like marketplaces, online stores, subscriptions base payments, mobile applications, third party payment, crowdfunding and many more.
What are the requirements to use Openpay?
You need to be legally registered to issue electronic invoices in Mexico (CFDI) as a individual or business, and have a Mexican bank account to receive payments.
Do I need an initial investment or annual fee to start using Openpay
No, you just pay for each transaction you receive, in other words we only charge you for every successful transaction our system process.
What kind of cards are accepted?
American Express, Carnet, MasterCard and Visa. These can be credit, debit or service cards.
Do you take international cards?
Yes, but only credit cards.
What are the participant stores to make payments?
FARMACIAS BENAVIDES, FARMACIAS DEL AHORRO, SUPER ONE, EL ASTURIANO, EL VIGILANTE , FARMACIAS LA ORIGINAL , GRUPO AGUILA , ALAMANO , MAXILANA , PRENDAMEX , EXTRA , TIENDAS MAMBO , EL GALLO DE LA LAGUNA , CAJA SOLIDARIA TAMAULIPAS , SUPER PRESTAMOS PREMIER , GRUPO BLYSKA , PESO FACIL , GWV INVERSIONES , DNU , FINANCIERA FORJADORES , VENAYUDA , GRUPO PAWN , CAJA CERRO DE LA SILLA , PASO SEGURO , SERVICIOS PRENDARIOS DEL SURESTE , INDIGO , MEXAMED , TORCAM , AKALA , ESPECIAS MOY , SERVIMONEY y PETROFE
What banks can take payments?
All banks available in Mexico.
how long does it takes to approve my application?
Once you fill out the application form, your account is activated within 48 hours.
Do I need to sign a physical contract?
No. When sending your request you agree to our terms and conditions.
Is there any specific term of payment?
No, our contract can be canceled at any time. Once the cancellation is requested, you must wait 90 days to close the account and ensure there is no pending debt.
Yes. You can use both environments simultaneously.
Is there a maximum amount for payments in stores?
Yes, it is $9,999.99 pesos.
Fees and Payments
How much does it cost to use the service?
The cost is only per transaction, no monthly fee, no fixed payment, no membership, etc. There is also no penalty for keeping a low balance or for not having sales. You can check our fees aquí.
Does the fee includes taxes (IVA)?
No, all our fees are plus tax (IVA)
How is the fee charged?
At the end of each day Openpay performs collection of all applicable fees based on transactions you've had in the day. For example:
Suppose one day you charged two cards: $ 100.0 to one card and $ 50.00 to another.
The commission charged at the end of the day would be:
Card 1 Fee (100.00 x 2.9% + 2.5) = $5.4
Card 2 Fee (50.00 x 2.9% + 2.5) = $3.95
Total fee is $ 9.35 plus $ 1.49 tax (IVA)
How much does Openpay bill?
We charge only the fee. The total amount of the purchase you have to bill to your client as usually done.
How long does it take to have the money I charge to my customers in my account?
VISA, MASTERCARD CARD in 1 business day. American Express Cards in 7 working days. Shops in 3 business days. Banks in 1 business day.
Openpay performs an automatic payment to your account once a week of all the available balance minus our fees. You decide the day you want to schedule the payment. Or you can withdraw every 24 hrs for an additional cost.
Do the direct payments to my bank account have a fee?
Automatic payments DO NOT have a fee, and can be done once a week. However, you can manually make a payment but it would generate a fee of $ 8.00 pesos.
How long does it take the Openpay integration?
An experienced programmer can have a basic integration within 1 hour. The time may vary depending on the complexity of the project and the developer's experience.
What languages are supported?
I have an online store and have NO programming knowledge, can I still use Openpay?
Yes, we have modules for e-commerce systems. We currently have a module for Magento and we develop new ones when a client needs it.
Do my customers need to have an account with Openpay like PayPal?
The invoice must be generated for $10.00 MXN to: OPENPAY S.A.P.I. DE CV OPE-130906-HN4 5 DE FEBRERO 1351 INT 207, FELIPE CARRILLO PUERTO, QUERETARO, QRO. CP 76138
Is it safe to use Openpay?
Yes, all the information transmitted between your server and ours are in encrypted form. We also have PROSA certification for handling cards, and we have the PCI DSS certification for storing information.
Can Openpay protect me from fraud?
Yes, Openpay analyzes all transactions with a sophisticated anti-fraud tool. No additional cost.
Are there restrictions on card charges?
Yes, in order to provide greater security, Openpay restricts the maximum amount per transaction, per day and per month. The restrictions are set independently based on the amount handled by each business.
All information transmitted from cards to Openpay is encrypted with SSL certificates and is stored in encrypted way in our database.
What is a chargeback?
A chargeback is when the cardholder does not recognize the transaction or disagree with it. Most banks immediately upon receiving a call from cardholder initiate a chargeback procedure without further investigation.
Openpay will cooperate with you to prove that the charge is valid.
What is the process of a chargeback?
- In case there is a chargeback with any card used on your account, Openpay will notify you by a Webhook and / or email.
- Openpay will generate a transaction on your account deducting the amount of the chargeback.
- In order to help you, Openpay will send the information to the bank to prove the charge is valid.
- With the information provided, the bank will decide whether or not to apply the chargeback.
- If the chargeback is not approved, we’ll notify you and we’ll refund the amount to your account.
Throughout the process we will be in contact with you to inform you the status. We may ask for additional information that may help the process.
What should I do when I receive a chargeback notification?
You can perform one or more of the following actions:
- Contact your customer to understand the reason for the chargeback. On several occasions the customer may forget about the purchase. You can sometimes resolve the chargeback much faster contacting the customer, if it's a misunderstanding you can have an agreement and the client can call the bank to cancel the chargeback.
- Submit all documentation you have about the charge made to the card to show that is a valid charge. To do this send all information to email@example.com such as logs, emails between you and the client, shipping guides, shipping address, signature at the time of delivery of the product or service, etc.
- Simply do nothing and accept the chargeback.
What documentation is needed in the dispute for a chargeback ?
- Cardholder IFE, which must match the owner of the card..
- I note signed by the client, this note you can print on Openpay, in the detail of the transaction, must send to the client who has to sign it and send it back to you either scan or photo.
- If possible picture of the card to which the charge is made (only the signature).
- The package documentation where it is demonstrated that the product was delivered.
- Any document proving your relationship with the customer as an invoice, contract.
You must demonstrate that the customer authorized the charge card through the documents mentioned. The documentation must be sent up until 3 days after you have received notification of the chargeback. Openpay will present this documentation to the bank who will be in charge of reviewing the chargeback.
Do the chargebacks have a fee?
No, no additional charges are charged
Google Authenticator is an app that generates 2-step verification codes on your phone.
With 2-step verification signing in will require a code generated by the Google Authenticator app in addition to your account password.
Requirements accourd your device
- Android, your device must be running Android version 2.1 or later.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you must have iOS 5.0 or later. In addition, in order to set up the app on your iPhone using a QR code, you must have a 3G model or later.
- BlackBerry, you must have OS 4.5-7.0. In addition, make sure your BlackBerry device is configured for US English -- you might not be able to download Google Authenticator if your device is operating in another language.
**Note: For the proper synchronization between the codes generated by the mobile app and the Openpay server that evaluates that, is necessary that the time is correct on your mobile device, the ideal is to get it from the internet.