OpenCart is a free web platform that enables users to quickly start an eCommerce with the minimum amount of settings and configurations required.
We put at your disposal the plugin for OpenCart, that brings the functionalities for you to add and set up Openpay's supported payment methods (credit card, stores and wire transfers) inside the shopping flow of your eCommerce based on this platform.
Once downloaded, the plugins are arranged by the following structure:
|OpenpayBanks.ocmod.zip||Contains the plugin that generates charge references to be paid using a wire transfer|
|OpenpayCards.ocmod.zip||Contains the plugin with the credit card payment functionalities|
|OpenpayStores.ocmod.zip||Contains the plugin that generates charge references to be paid on any of our affiliated stores|
Note: You only have to install the plugins related to the payment methods you want to enable on your eCommerce.
- OpenCart 184.108.40.206 or greater
It is required for the server that hosts your OpenCart store to fulfill the following:
- Apache web server
- PHP 5.2 or greater.
- MySQL 5.0 or greater.
- Have a SSL certificate for your eCommerce domain.
It is also necessary that the installed PHP version comply with these settings:
- Register Globals disabled.
- Magic Quotes GPC disabled.
- File uploads enabled.
- Session Auto Start disabled.
- GD (with PNG image processing) extension enabled.
- cURL extension enabled.
- ZIP extension enabled.
In order to install the Openpay plugins on your OpenCart store you need to follow these steps:
Note: This installation sequence has to be performed for each plugin you want to enable.
- Download the ZIP file that contains all the plugins. You can use this link to download it.
- Unzip the downloaded file. Inside the resulting directory, unzip the file openpay_opencart_plugin_1.0.zip. Take a look at the final resulting directory.
- On your OpenCart admin panel, go to Extensions -> Extension Installer.
- Click the Upload button, browse and select the ZIP file of the payment method's plugin you want to install. The plugin will be uploaded automatically.
- Go to Extensions -> Payments, find in the list the uploaded plugin and click the Install option.
- Look for the success message.
If you come across with the error FTP needs to be enabled in the settings during the installation, you will have to install a platform fix that you can download using this link. Follow the guidelines provided in that site in order to apply this fix successfully.
Note: The following guide has to be repeated for each plugin you want to configure.
- On your Openpay admin panel, identify the API credentials assigned to your merchant account.
- On your OpenCart admin panel, go to Extensions -> Payments. Find the recently installed plugin and click the Edit button.
- Fill in the configuration form keeping in mind the following guidelines:
Find the credentials by clicking the cog icon on the upper right corner of the screen, then select Credenciales de API.
- Test mode: Defines whether the plugin is working on a testing or a productive environment.
- Test Merchant ID, Secret Key, Publishable Key: Openpay's merchant account API credentials (check out step 1), on testing environment.
- Live Merchant ID, Secret Key, Publishable Key: Openpay's merchant account API credentials (check out step 1), on productive environment.
- Title: Payment method caption to be shown to your customer on your eCommerce's shopping flow.
- Status: Defines whether the payment method will be available to your customers or not.
- Total: Minimum purchase amount to make available the payment method.
- Deadline to pay (hours): Number of hours in which your customers will be able to make the payment, once the order is placed.
- Status - Authorized: Select Complete.
- Status - Captured: Select Pending.
The API credentials (Test Mode or Productive Mode) to be used by the plugin will be according to this setting.